Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Can I buy black widow spiders?

I was wondering if a pet store sells black widow spiders?





Or do I have to find them myself?





If so, where are the best places to look for them?



That is a very bad idea.





They are not sold in pet stores.





They are found in dark corners of old, abandoned buildings. I have heard one of their preferred places to build webs is across the opening of disused toilet seats.





Just look it up on Wikipedia.




And why -- exactly -- would you want to do that?





I've been bitten by a black widow and I can tell you first hand it is NOT pleasant in the slightest.





While not lethal, their bite is very painful. And they don't make very good pets.




They are not sold in pet stores, but, from my life, I would NEVER get one





as a pet! Maybe on ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment