Monday, March 30, 2009

Talk my mom into letting me keep a neighbors kitten?

I just lost my cat of tweleve years last month and my mom wanted me to wait til this summer before I added an addition to the family. (She needs to focus on work before she loses her job and my dad is no help what so ever)


I want to prove to her that I am responisble and the kitten will be no bother to her. She wont be allowed to stay with me until the the begining of May and I want to convince my mom that a month early wont change her working or my working either.


I have started by buying cat toys (A LOT), dishes and collar, I have food, and a litter box also. :-)


What are other way I can show her I am ready for a new kitten and that I really want this one. I already named her Kiara.





I have been helping around the house and keeping up with my chores. Any other suggestions?





ALSO, I know that I am supposed to have this kitten because the weekend my cat died, the neighbors cat went into labor. How does that happen? :)



It's sounds like your doing everything you can do. Keep it up basically.


That doesn't mean that your mom will decide you can have the kitten. But being proactive, and showing yourself to be responsible instead of constantly asking for the kitten or whining about it is the best way to change her mind.





Ask the owners to keep the kitten for a few extra weeks (the kitten will be better adjusted this way too) and use the extra time to win your mom over too her. Bring your mom to see her perhapse, make her fall in love with the kitten too.





Good luck, and good job on planning on spaying her. Thats definatly a responsible and loving move. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment