Wednesday, March 25, 2009

How do I get my cat to sleep with me or next to me?

I'm trying to figure out a way to get my cat Tinkey to lay with me. When he goes to my parents room, he bothers them. My parents sometimes gets angry because he will Bite and scratch, pull your hair out when he wants food. He normally does this at 4:30-5:00 Am. He doesn't do it to me. But how do I get my cat to lay or sleep next to me?



Hi, you could try the following:





1. Play with him in the bed, with a cat toy string


2. Brush him before going to bed


3. Parents room close for now





The more time you spent with your cat, the more he will be in your space...




Dogs will do what you tell them. Cats will do what they want. Some cats are not cuddlers. My late Kamikaze Kitty was not a lap cat even though I really wish she was. But she had to be nearby--close enough to be able to reach out an touch, but not actually do that, even. I wanted her to sleep next to me, but she wanted to sleep up by my head (and try to smother me by pressing her paws on my nose if I dared to breathe on her) and there was little I could do if I didn't like it, other than shut her out (which would result in her howling at the door). Of course if I disrupted her desire too much, she would launch an attack, hence the Kamikaze name.





I don't have a solution to the problem other than shutting him in the room with you.




its nice the thought of cuddling up to ur cat. But please remember this is a pet not a human! A cat or any animal for that matter should not be sleeping next to u or on ur bed! I can see u love ur cat very much, but its up to the cat aswel where it wants to sleep! As much as ur cat loves u, would u like being forced into someones bed and made to sleep with them? Think about the cat, its a pet! And although its cute cats and dogs have been known to attack. There was one case in england where a woman let her dog sleep with her every night.


The dog had a bad dream and ended up biting her face so bad she had to have surgery to re-build her face!





Ok i now u have a cat, but still they can bite. Sorry if i sound harsh but its the best for u and ur cat! X




lol you can't train cats, that's the first rule you need to learn with them. a cats purpose is to be served. it rules the house. he'll go where he wants. something that you can do though is... close your parents door and keep yours open, he'll eventually go into your room cause it's open.




Keep your door open at night, and tell your parents to close their door. Maybe buy him a cat bed, or if he already has one, move it into your room next to your bed. Then maybe one night, he'll decide to jump in your bed with you :) Goodluck




you cant make a cat do anything it doesnt want to. thats just how they roll.


if your parents shut their bedroom door at night and you leave yours open it might decide to try it out one night. but taking him and putting him on your bed wont help. if you have tried that




shut all the doors in your house including your parents room and he will go to your room. give him a week to decide. but he should end up in your bed sometime. then it will become a habit and you can open up all the doors again.




You can't - they choose where they want to sleep. I would suggest your parents keep the door closed to their room.




Get a really soft blanket and put it on your bed at night. Pick up your cat and put him on your bed with the blanket on it about 30 minutes before you go to bed.. see if he stays.




You can't force him. Close your parents door at night and eventually he will come to you, I guarantee it.




could try rubbing cat nip over yourself. pretty sure bestiality is illegal though




I think when you form a bond he/she will.




put his food in your room

1 comment:

  1. my idea would be putting the litter box in ur bedroom, as well the food. Ur cat would stay in ur bedroom then.

    ReplyDelete