Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Do you break a horse in bareback or saddled?

So I personally would never break a horse in bareback. for one if it actually bucked I would fall off no doubt, plus I would just be that much more nervous when I got on. I just broke my first horse in the other day, I would drape myself over him and stuff before I put a saddle on him, but I would never actually sit or lay on him. then when we put the saddle on I did the same thing before half mounting and stroking his neck. When he was calm with this I would practice mounting and dismounting. Plus if he actually took off bucking I could stay on, not pull a muscle and not be able to get back on if I had been bareback. I keep seeing so much stuff about how people break their horses in bareback. I don

No comments:

Post a Comment