Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Having trouble getting the dog to go to the Bathroom in a new neighborhood?

Hi, I recently moved from a house with a (Semi) fenced in yard and we used a Shock collar type thing that would go off if my dog ever left the yard. Needless to say i was able to leave him outside for extended periods without worrying.



Now i have moved to a yard where the front and back yards are seperated(and not fenced in) so i cannot successfully use a shock collar. So i am having to walk him everywhere. I have a Woodland-type area right behind my back yard which i have been able to let him off the leash and he can do what he needs to, but recently he has stopped going to the bathroom when i let him off, and he is starting to run after animals ( i almost lost him today).



When i try to walk him up and down a street it usually takes a good 15 ( On a good day) or more minutes for him to go #2. Is there any easy solution to make him more comfortable using the bathroom in my own yard so i dont have to go on extended walks everytime he needs to go?



-Someone suggested to me making scheduled times to take him out.



*I have tried out-side leashes than i can put in the ground and can roam around a bit, but due to the amount of trees in the woodland part of my backyard he always gets tangled up, and he doesnt feel (or in 4 years i havent seen him) comfortable going #2 out in the open.
Outside leashes are a terrible idea. We tried that with our dogs. We had one hang herself on accident. Don

No comments:

Post a Comment