Saturday, July 10, 2010

Three reef questions!!! 10 pts?

So I got two questions:

1.) it is starting to look like my poor clown fish is getting a case of mouth fungus. Is melafix safe to use in a reef, or do you have other better suggestions.

2.) The next one is, if I have live rock in my sump, if I put some dead coral skeletons with it, will it become live rock too?

3.) How much live rock should I have in a 55 gallon tank and a 20 gallon sump in total?

Thank you for dealing with my noob reef questions, and thanks for your answers!
1. The maker of Melafix says it is safe for marine aquaria, including reef tanks, and I take them at their word in the absence of evidence to the contrary.

2. Dead rocks (such as coral skeletons) will eventually become live rocks if they are kept together with live rocks. They won

No comments:

Post a Comment